How about making yourself a delicious poblano tomatillo pork chili? Using pork tenderloin and frozen vegetables means it will be ready quick!
1 lb. pork tenderloin cut into bite size pieces (you could omit pork and make this meatless, just increase the beans to 4 cans)
3 cans pinto beans drained and rinsed
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 16 oz. can crusted tomatoes
1 16 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
1 6 oz. bag frozen poblano peppers
1 6 oz. bag frozen tomatillos, thaw before using
2 tbsp. chili powder, I like ancho but use red or chipotle if you like,
2 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1. Brown pork in a small amount of oil, once browned add poblanos and tomatillos, cook until veg starts to brown.
2. Add garlic, all the spices and salt, stirring until they are fragrant.
3. Add both cans of tomatoes and bring to simmer.
4. Cover and cook 10 minutes, then add beans.
5. Cook another 20-30 mins, season to taste.
6. Stir in cilantro.
Let me know if you tried it, and how you can make it your own!
See you next week!
My IG page @take_me_to_the_kitchen