Low Carb Fried Rice
Contributed by @allabout_our_food
Cauliflower rice doesn’t need to be bland and boring. Season with the right spices, they can be very yummy. This is our favorite side dish whenever we are on a low-carb diet, so if you are like us, trying to lose a few pounds before all the festive feasting starts, try this! It is easy and fast to make.
(Serves 2 as a side)
· 2 cups of frozen cauliflower rice
· 1 tbsp coconut oil
· 1 tsp curry powder
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
· ½ tsp turmeric
· ½ smoked paprika
· salt to taste
· 1 tbsp chopped coriander (optional)
1. Put the cauliflower rice in a nonstick pan over medium heat. This step is important as it helps to dry the cauliflower and prevent it from becoming mushy. Dry fry for 2-3 minutes. You want the “rice” to remain grainy.
2. Add the coconut oil and all the spices and continue to fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Season with salt to taste. I used half a teaspoon but if you like it saltier, add more.
4.. Add the chopped coriander and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
5. Garnish with a few leaves of coriander and serve
Tips & Notes
· Great to have with a curry or any main with gravy/sauce.
· Coriander is purely optional. You can either leave it out or replace it with another herb.
· Spices are really flexible. If you like a bit more of this and that, do be more generous with the amount used and if you do not have say, turmeric, leave it out.
· If you want a protein, add a fried egg or grilled chicken and fish.
· Frozen cauliflower rice is easily available in lots of supermarkets these days but if you feeling motivated and want to make fresh. Do!
Follow us on Instagram @allabout_our_food