Recipe By: Brandt Young @dads.table
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 cans dices tomatoes
5 Pieces of Smoked Bacon
1 garlic clove
Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Salt and Pepper
3 green onions
1. Dice the bacon and add to sauté pan on medium heat for 4 minutes while constantly stirring.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, garlic, sugar and apple cider vinegar to that bacon and simmer for 30 minutes, while stirring every few minutes.
3. Season the Chicken Thighs with salt and pepper, add a bit of garlic powder and onion powder as well.
4. Sear the chicken thighs for 2 minutes on both sides in a cast iron pan.
5. Add the tomato bacon jam to the cast iron pan with the chicken
6. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees, and cook the dish for 27 minutes.
7. Top with diced green onions and start eating. We served it over a 90-second bag of farro but that part is up to you.