Recipe By: Brandt Young @dads.table
• 1 ¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 to 5 thighs)
• 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 7 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 5 White anchovy fillets
• 2 tablespoons drained capers, patted dry
• 1 large pinch chile flakes
• 1 lemon, halved
• Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and let rest . Add the oil to the cast iron over med heat- Then added in the garlic, anchovies, capers and chilis and let cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the anchovies, until the garlic browns around the edges and the anchovies dissolve, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the chicken thighs and cook until nicely browned on one side, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the thighs, place the pan in the oven and cook another 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
When chicken is done, transfer thighs to a plate. Place skillet back on the heat and add the lemon juice and cook for about 30 seconds, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Return chicken to the pan and cook it in the sauce for another 15 to 30 seconds.
Transfer everything to a serving platter. Squeeze the remaining lemon half over the chicken and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve